A very warm and friendly welcome to St Edward’s Prep School and Nursery. St Edward’s is a school in which children discover the world in which they live through exciting educational opportunities and an inspirational approach to learning.
They love and enjoy their time in school and leave with a passion for learning and the skills to be successful in education and in life. Our focus on valuing personal development and academic progress as equals means that St Edward’s is a place that all children thrive and excel.
What makes our approach unique is the family feel and innovative approach to learning that goes far beyond the National Curriculum and provides an exciting and relevant education. St Edward’s is a place where children feel they truly belong; a school and nursery that values the individual and guides learning according to their interests and needs, putting them at the heart of the process. Everyone who joins us is welcomed into our community where we celebrate difference and diversity.
Our move to co-education in 2021 was a very natural and successful transition for our school and we are now excited to extend this up to Year 4.
We warmly invite you to come and discover for yourself our happy and inspiring environment and find out the amazing things your child could achieve. I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our St Edward’s family.
“The moment I stepped through the front door, I felt the school’s family atmosphere and knew my child would be well cared for and would enjoy their first step into formal education.”Year 6 parent
What you can expect at St Edward’s Nursery & Prep
- Small class sizes – our teachers have time to focus on your child, and support and challenge them to reach their potential
- Little Griffins Nursery – so much more than childcare; a happy and nurturing environment, where we encourage curiosity and begin building key skills
- Thriving Reception class – where children start their learning in earnest, with a creative approach designed to inspire confidence and a lasting love of learning
- Wrap-around care from 8am-6pm – making life easier for busy families, including exciting extra-curricular clubs and activities
- Learning tailored to every child – our aim is to discover whatever it is that makes your child tick
- Broad and exciting curriculum – going far beyond bare facts, we help children understand the relevance of what they are learning to the world around them
- Inspirational subject-expert teachers – your child will benefit from enthusiastic specialist teaching
- Supportive exam preparation programme – our children are well prepared and able to sit senior school entrance exams with confidence
- Digital learning – ensuring children are equipped with the right skills for the future
- Excellent technology, sport, arts and outdoor learning – all children have access to amazing opportunities across the curriculum and beyond
- Friendly bus service – serving the surrounding area with school drop-off and pick-up
- Excellent outcomes – our pupils are successful in entry to both grammar and independent senior schools
See for yourself with a personal tour
Book a personal tour, and find out for yourself how this happy and dynamic school will get the best out of your child. Register online using the link below, or email the Registrar on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0118 9574342.
“Thank you for all the help you have given us supporting our son joining the school. I’m so happy we made the decision that we did.”Current parent