Inspired to Collaboratively Serve the St Edward’s Family and Community
St Edward’s Prep School is a happy, safe, caring, supportive and inclusive school in which personal and physical development, academic success, inquiry and global mindedness form the basis of the exciting and inspiring education we offer. Our curriculum and co-curriculum are designed to inspire, engage, challenge, develop passions and interests and provide opportunities to work collaboratively or independently towards meaningful actions that help make the world a better and more peaceful place. We prepare and equip our boys with the skills and character they need to face the challenges that life brings whether that is at St Edward’s, entry to their next school or in the workplace. Pupils learn to become more self-disciplined, reflective, adaptable, critical thinking learners and leaders who know how to succeed, but also persevere in the face of setbacks.
Our Pupil Profile
- Caring – Pupils who show empathy, compassion and respect to themselves, the St Edward’s family and the wider and global community
- Courteous – Pupils who are able to accept responsibility for their actions, resolve conflict with kindness and in the spirit of friendship and who listen carefully and are well mannered and understand the rights of other individuals and groups
- Courageous – Pupils who are able to take risks and face uncertainty with preparedness, bravery and enthusiasm, who are able to think critically about the world around them
- Collaborative – Pupils able to work cooperatively to establish strong working relationships, envisage creative outcomes, engineer workable plans, take action and reflect and evaluate their own learning and progress
- Confident – Pupils are happy and at ease with themselves and others, able to explore new ideas with a firm understanding of their own culture and identity as well as that of others and an understanding that they have an equal right to the rich and varied experience and opportunities that the school offers.
Our Attitudes to Learning
Pupils develop personally through the school Attitudes to Learning. These are the behaviours St Edward’s pupils show in our lessons. These also form the basis of our behaviour management.
St Edward’s pupils show, feel and value:
These AtLs form a large part of our personal, social and health well being programme and are not taught in isolation but form part of all lessons and activity making them meaningful and relevant.