Get your child off to a flying start! Our Open Day events are a great opportunity to see how St Edward’s Prep inspires and challenges children to enjoy learning and reach their full potential.
Our next Open Day is on Friday 10 February 2023 and we would love to welcome you to experience our school in action. It’s a great opportunity to see lessons from a range of subjects and year groups, speak to our outstanding teachers, hear the children talk about their learning, meet current parents and spend time with our Headteacher, Jonathan Parsons.
Find out why joining the St Edward’s Prep family will give your child the best start to their education.
Why choose St Edward’s Prep?
- Friendly Little Griffins Nursery – so much more than childcare, a happy and nurturing environment, where we encourage curiosity and begin building key skills
- Thriving and stimulating Reception class – where children start their learning in earnest, with a creative approach designed to inspire confidence and a love of learning that will last
- Wrap-around care from 8am-6pm – making life easier for busy families, including exciting extra-curricular clubs and activities
- Small class sizes – throughout the school, our teachers have time to focus on your son or daughter, and support and challenge them to reach their potential
- Learning tailored to every child – our aim is to discover whatever it is that makes your child tick, and tailor their learning experience to match
- Broad and exciting curriculum – in an education that goes far beyond bare facts, we help our boys and girls understand the relevance of what they are learning to the world around them
- Inspirational subject-expert teachers – your child will benefit from enthusiastic specialist teaching
- Supportive exam preparation programme – our children are well prepared and able to sit senior school entrance exams with confidence
- Excellent STEM, sport, art and outdoor learning
- Friendly bus service – serving the surrounding area
- Excellent outcomes – a strong start leads to great outcomes and our pupils have excellent results in entry to both grammar and independent senior schools, and are ready to take the next step with confidence.
Discover how we encourage and support:
- Critical thinking: Helping our children make the most of their brilliant brains, we inspire them to reason, analyse, hypothesise, reﬂect and solve problems
- Creativity: We learn that successful ideas come from brainstorming, elaborating, reﬁning and evaluating
- Collaboration: We are a family and enjoy sharing ideas, treating each other with respect, valuing diﬀerent opinions, and taking responsibility
- Communication: Our children learn to listen, articulate, decipher and debate, so that they can stand up with conﬁdence and be heard