FREDs is a group of enthusiastic parents who are committed to:
- Strengthening the St Edward’s Prep community by organising events and activities that bring parents, teachers, staff and children together.
- Raising funds in order to hold events for the children and their families.
- Running essential services like the pre-loved uniform shop.
- Working closely with the school to support other initiatives and projects.
We meet on a monthly basis for an informal virtual discussion about our events and how any raised funds can be used to benefit all the children of the school. We also hold an Annual General Meeting.
We have an open door policy and everyone is welcome to join us at these FREDs meetings. We are always grateful to all who contribute, whatever the level of commitment they can give.
The typical annual FREDs diary includes events in which everyone can get involved, including:
- A welcome back BBQ in September
- A Mince Pie Mixer in December
- A Wonder Woman Sale in March and Superman Sale in June for children to buy something for the special people in their lives
- A Summer Fete
FREDs have been very proud to support the school’s climate and sustainability work, including:
- The Guinness World Record in 2022
- The ‘There is Only One Earth’ Climate Summit in 2023
- Running our own FREDs activities in line with our own Climate Pledge: We aim to produce zero landfill waste in the delivery of all FREDs activities
Whatever the event, it is important that everyone has fun and we love helping to bring everyone involved with the school closer together and creating a real community atmosphere.
FREDs also runs a pre-loved uniform shop and if you would like to order please click here to access the website.
In the past the funds raised by FREDs have been used to not only hold some of the events mentioned above but also to purchase specific items needed by the school, such as play equipment and, in 2023, a defibrillator that will also benefit the wider local community.
To keep the community informed about events and FREDs activities, Class Reps communicate directly with parents in each Year Group via a WhatsApp group and it is always worth keeping an eye on the weekly Headteacher’s email updates where forthcoming events are advertised.
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to drop us a line with any suggestions or questions if you would like to get involved. We would love to hear from you.