It is no secret that pretend play forms an essential part of a child’s learning and development. Children learn by observing, imagining and doing. Our Little Griffins and Reception classes have been enjoying lots of pretend play this week and you can tell by the enormous smiles on their faces how much they enjoy it!
Here are the Top 5 reasons for learners to get involved in the world of make believe:
- To encourage imagination and creativity
- To support social and emotional development
- To improve language and communication skills
- To develop thinking, learning and problem solving abilities
- To enhance physical development
- OK 6! To have fun and smile